1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 English tests, long writing task 2007

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Wotworklifebalance, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

Hi All
    I'm looking to pick your brains please. I am trying to get ahead with my long term planning and not find myself having to do a lot of last minute re-jigging just before my long writing task - last year's mistake.
    This year I am using the 2007 tasks (no, can't repeat last year, but with a bit more forward planning, as I have Yr R - 2 so the current Yr 2s did the other task last year).
    The long writing task is a transformation/adventure story about a pebble which leads to an adventure (I'm paraphrasing here, the actual wording is at school - sorry). If you know the dreaded Biff and Chip the pebble acts in the same way as the magic key (at least that is my reading of the instructions).
    Can any-one think of any other transformation/ adventure type stories? Obv we will look at the magic key stories but would like to read lots of other stimuli.
    All suggestions much appreciated.
    Emma

2. Wotworklifebalance

Wotworklifebalance New commenter

Hi All
    I'm looking to pick your brains please. I am trying to get ahead with my long term planning and not find myself having to do a lot of last minute re-jigging just before my long writing task - last year's mistake.
    This year I am using the 2007 tasks (no, can't repeat last year, but with a bit more forward planning, as I have Yr R - 2 so the current Yr 2s did the other task last year).
    The long writing task is a transformation/adventure story about a pebble which leads to an adventure (I'm paraphrasing here, the actual wording is at school - sorry). If you know the dreaded Biff and Chip the pebble acts in the same way as the magic key (at least that is my reading of the instructions).
    Can any-one think of any other transformation/ adventure type stories? Obv we will look at the magic key stories but would like to read lots of other stimuli.
    All suggestions much appreciated.
    Emma