1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 and 2 online safety

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by 2r2e, Dec 6, 2011.

1. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

About to revamp our online safety scheme and would be pathetically grateful for any links to resources you rate. The whole Facebook etc. privacy thing in particular...
    cheers,
    Paul

2. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

;-)

3. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

primary school children shouldn't be using Facebook, full stop. Take a look at the KS3 esafety funbook here on TES resources.

4. 2r2e

2r2e New commenter

Thanks, will check it out. Know they shouldn't, but they are, despite the strongest possible letters to parents! I know FB etc cause a load of probs at KS3+4 - wonder if anyone has ever studied how much time is lost to dealing with the fallout in school....

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

When people contact me about my Primary ICT coordinator's toolkit (collection of useful documents, all in one zip file) I offer them another toolkit of e-safety resources which might be the kind of thing you sound to be looking for. Much of it is freely available on the net but again, it's all in one place. see thread for contact address or PM me.
    As to Facebook, my approach is to maintain its ban in schools, trash it in occasional assemblies and treat its use outside school like alcohol, tobacco, littering, poor road safety and sex: you'll see a lot of it but avoid it like the plague. Fallout is like any other bullying offsite - all we can do is try to prevent it spilling over too much and call in those responsible for the children when they engaged in it.