1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS1 2009 Short Writing Task

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rosieandjim, May 13, 2011.

1. rosieandjim

rosieandjim New commenter

I am really hoping that someone will be able to give me some suggestions as to a book that l could use for my class to do the character description for their short writing task. I have searched various forums on here but my class are already familiar with most of the suggested books.
    We have read "Mr Wolf and the Pancakes", " The Gruffalo", "Little Red Riding Hood" and done character descriptions on these.
    I have quite a few boys, so l would rather steer away from anything that invloves Princesses.
    Thank you l woud be very grateful for suggestions.

2. Last year I used ***** the Wimp and slotted it into the Stories by the same author literacy unit. This year I am going to try Pinnochio. I know some teachers have used Plop from The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark - leading on from the Night time topic for the long task. Good luck!

3. lindsay84

lindsay84 New commenter

I am going to use The Gruffalo, but I was considering The Smartest Giant in Town.

4. We used Horrid Henry. All children responded very well.

5. Grandma from George's Marvellous medicine - the children loved it! [​IMG]

6. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Mr Twit. Find the descriptions tend to more detailed when writing about an unpleasent character!

7. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

pleasant