1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS Experience

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tjh102, Feb 17, 2020.

1. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

Hello all!

I am applying for jobs at the moment and something that keeps coming up is which key stages I have experience in.

As a supply teacher (many years ago now, as I have been a full time class tracher in KS2 for the last 7 years), I did several weeks at a time in KS1, and I have done staff trainings for KS1 and EY teachers, but have not had a KS1 class for an entire year.

Am I better off just putting KS2 and writing in my letter that I have done XYZ experience in KS1, or should I tick the KS1 box anyway (and then explain in the letter)?

Basically, I don't want to do myself out of a job because I didn't show flexibility, but I also don't want to overstate my experience. What would you all consider best?

2. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

You've taught in both Key Stages so tick both and explain your experience in your letter.

3. tjh102

tjh102 Occasional commenter

Thank you for your perspective! It is always a little intimidating, being back on the job market!

agathamorse likes this.