1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KS 2 Literacy Research 2012 - participants sought!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by eddiecarron, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Every child in our 2011 pilot project predicted to achieve Level 3 English in fact achieved Level 4. There was also a significant increase in the number of Level 5s. I am now launching the second and final phase of the project called Literacy 2012. This is pure research; there are no costs whatsoever for participants and schools which opt to participate are likely to achieve a significant boost to their 2012 Key Stage 2 results.
    Requesting and receiving a free copy of the resources places no obligation to participate although I hope that having seen the resouces, many schools will want to take part. I am hoping to secure the co-operation of five hundred schools making this the biggest research project of it type ever.
    Anyone interested in finding out more, click on http://research2012.blogspot.com

2. Thanks for such a great response - I am aiming for 500 participants and i'm already more than halfway there! Don't forget that this is pure research - there are no costs whatsoever. Particpating schools can expect that every child predicted to achieve Level 3 English willl achieve Level 4.
    Take a look at http://research2012.blogspot.com
    Eddie Carron

3. Re Northern Ireland participation.

Yes. Although you do not do Key Stage 2 as such, the assessment you use is very similar and fit into my project nicely .

4. I asked people to let me have their KS 2 predicted English outcomes for 2012 and many are in fact sending me predictions for Reading and Writing. Can anyone tell me how to calculate the English prediction from these?