1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Korean Police check from the UK for Chinese Visa

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by RobotKing, Jun 12, 2018.

1. RobotKing

RobotKing New commenter

I'm in the middle of gathering documents for a Chinese Visa and seem to have hit a bit of a brick wall - help!
    About 5 years ago I lived in South Korea, so have been to London to get a recent police check from the Korean embassy. I need to get this document authenticated by the Chinese Embassy, but the embassy in the UK have told me that they can't authenticate it because it's not a UK document. Taking advice from some visa companies in SK, I then couriered the document to Seoul, ready to pay any amount to have the document authenticated there. As the certificate was winging its way through the air, the company contacted me to say that they couldn't help after all, because the Chinese embassy in Seoul wouldn't authenticate it because it was a UK document! They're happy to return the document to a friend of mine in Seoul, but I'm a bit stumped as to what to do next.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice?

Thanks!

2. SunsetBeach

SunsetBeach New commenter

Who is asking for this document to be legalised?
    I have to supply other checks back over a number of years but only the latest one needs stamping up.

3. Teachallover

Teachallover Occasional commenter

I agree with Sunset Beach. My new HR told me it is only necessary to have my latest police check notorised/legalised/stamped which must be dated within the last six months.

4. RobotKing

RobotKing New commenter

That's really good to know. Perhaps my HR department are being over-cautious. My most recent police check has been stamped and stickered and is good to go. Thanks!