1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Knowledge of current issues in education

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by alexmc484, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I have a Scitt interview too next week and phoned up my Aunt whos a retired headmistress... She suggested I look up the 'Every Child Matters' agenda, Special needs code of practice, disability legislation, HLTA standards, inclusive education, Modes of Assessment, the purpose of a plenary, differentiation. Hope this helps.

2. sez142

sez142 New commenter

Retired.... Things move on very quickly in schools, every child matters is out of date now, not used anymore.

3. I was asked about the 'Every child matters' at an interview for a Teaching and Learning assistant position and it got me the job. I dont think the principles of it can ever be denied as important.

4. What you need is a website which has a combination of news articles and discussion forums. You could then have a look at some of the articles, and read through some of the topics currently being discussed in the forums. In an ideal world this website might even have a magazine publication which would give you even more information.
    Oh, if only such a thing existed ...