1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Knitting again!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Well my sari silk arrived today. A little bit disappointed, I thought it would be a bit prettier - it is a bit sludgy, but I am sure it will be lovely. Now I have an ebay contact I can soon get some more.
    NExt - A lovely Freegler has let me have a copy of the little knitted bag pattern on the front of the Usborne Learn to Knit book. Very excited! I will have a go at the weekend. A mutual Freecylce friend dropped it in for me and has asked if I have any knitting patterns for tea cosies. I am sure a couple of people mentioned them but I can't find the info - please can anyone help?

PS Is it only me who finds the search facility weird - there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason to it, am I doing it wrong?
    If anyone wants the pattern (it will be hard copy) do let me know.
    LoveGorgy

2. Well my sari silk arrived today. A little bit disappointed, I thought it would be a bit prettier - it is a bit sludgy, but I am sure it will be lovely. Now I have an ebay contact I can soon get some more.
    NExt - A lovely Freegler has let me have a copy of the little knitted bag pattern on the front of the Usborne Learn to Knit book. Very excited! I will have a go at the weekend. A mutual Freecylce friend dropped it in for me and has asked if I have any knitting patterns for tea cosies. I am sure a couple of people mentioned them but I can't find the info - please can anyone help?

PS Is it only me who finds the search facility weird - there seems to be neither rhyme nor reason to it, am I doing it wrong?
    If anyone wants the pattern (it will be hard copy) do let me know.
    LoveGorgy

3. Tea cosies - just found loads of patterns for her, but if anyone has any tried and tested ones would love them please, thanks.

4. didnt CQ ask for one a few weeks ago? the stripy one?
    JSY x

5. Have you joined ravelry.com? It's a knitting and crochet community and has lots of free patterns available for download too. I joined a few years ago - it even has a teachers who knit group and forum! Have gathered quite a few ideas re: yarns, techniques and shops as well. It's free to join and would thoroughly recommend. (It's rather addictive too!)

6. I'm trying to join up a jumper that's just taken me weeks to knit and the back is considerably longer than the front [​IMG]. Stress levels now off the scale so I think I'll stick to reading and dog-walking for relaxation in the future!

7. This made me laugh, sorry!
    Can you not pretend it's one of those handkerchief hem type tunics?

8. No need to apologise TeddyB - my entire family have done nothing but laugh for days!

9. Savannah do you have any idea how to sort it out? It's possible to take some off the bottom and re knit the rib, if you want me to explain some more about how to do it.