1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kitten names - suggestions please

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lilachardy, Jun 9, 2011.

1. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Layla means "midnight" or "jet black".

2. SleighBelle

SleighBelle Occasional commenter

Magic, as in 'Black Magic Woman'?

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Whitby - as in Whitby jet?
    Nutty - as in nutty slack coal?
    [​IMG]

4. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Loving rugby like we do, we named our all black kitten Kiwi :)

5. We have a totally black rescue cat we named Martha, which apparently means lady. You'll have so much fun with a kitten!

6. Yes, I can't wait. I've spent this evening kitten proofing the house. Curtains lifted up off floor, plants removed, chimneys blocked. What have I forgotten?

7. Have you blocked off behind the fridge?
    When I first got my old cat many, many years ago, we left her in the kitchen over night. Next morning and she's disappeared. Couldn't find her anywhere. She'd managed to squeeze (being a tiny kitten) behind the wall and the freezer, and had managed to get trapped!

8. Our cat was just under a year old when my husband found her so we didn't really have any 'kitten proofing' to do. You'll be surprised what she'll find her way into/up/underneath!

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

A friend called theirs scrotum, because they thought it was funny, shouting it in the street was less amusing.
    Why not name it after a famous black person?
    Marley /Jackson / Nelson / Colin.
    Personally I like the last one best.

10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Probably not a good idea to name it after Wing Commander Guy (Dambusters) Gibson's black dog.

I reckon whatever you call it, its middle name should be 'The' and its surname should be 'Cat'. That's how it is in our household.

I heard of some wag who called their cat Damn, as in 'Damn the cat'.

11. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

'Panther'

..'pants' for short

12. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Cooking Fat! Then you can shout that when you trip over it in the night!

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Naughty!
    And I thought having to ask, 'has anyone seen my pants?' was a bit rude!

14. Me too.
    Many years ago I was all set to adopt a kitten that needed a home, but then got a call from the lady rehoming it. Despite having made all the arrangments with her, she'd then decided to give the kitten to someone else who came along afterwards because they had come up with a name for it first!! (She thought this showed they were keener).

15. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

'Wildlife-killing, garden-pooper' it is then [​IMG]

16. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Mangleworzle

17. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

On the basis of appearance or personality?

18. I have two black cats, Jezebel and her brother Merlot. If we had named Merlot first we would have called his sister Pino (maybe).

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I'd love to tell you all what my cats are called, like that my previous comment would make sense. As it is I can't. Too many people in RL know the names.