1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kitchen ****................

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Jan 30, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

No, not Nigella seductively licking melted chocolate from her fingers (although I'd give John Cristophe Novelli a run for his money any day!) but...............Lakeland!
    Since moving house lastsummer I no longer have a local Lakeland, butfound myself back in my old haunt Friday after school, and headed straight to Lakeland to get my fix, drooling over the gadgets, gizmos and wonderful ingredients.
    Came out with a wooden crate of beatiful glass bottles for my slooe gin to go into, a handy lemon 'boobie' for keeing cut lemon fresh in the fridge, a bottle of my fave bourbon vanilla extract and a can of 'ovoglaze'.
    Fabbo product, just tried it this morning, ovoglaze is spray on beaten egg. Saves wasting a whole egg just to glaze a few pastires. How brilliant!
    Well, that's me done for a while but I can feel a lengthier visit on the half term horizon.
    [​IMG]

2. BelleDuJour

No, not Nigella seductively licking melted chocolate from her fingers (although I'd give John Cristophe Novelli a run for his money any day!) but...............Lakeland!
    Since moving house lastsummer I no longer have a local Lakeland, butfound myself back in my old haunt Friday after school, and headed straight to Lakeland to get my fix, drooling over the gadgets, gizmos and wonderful ingredients.
    Came out with a wooden crate of beatiful glass bottles for my slooe gin to go into, a handy lemon 'boobie' for keeing cut lemon fresh in the fridge, a bottle of my fave bourbon vanilla extract and a can of 'ovoglaze'.
    Fabbo product, just tried it this morning, ovoglaze is spray on beaten egg. Saves wasting a whole egg just to glaze a few pastires. How brilliant!
    Well, that's me done for a while but I can feel a lengthier visit on the half term horizon.
    [​IMG]

3. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Lakeland?....Hmm I seem to recall one or two other posters mentioning this word....must look it up sometime! [​IMG]

(I have their latest catalogue on my coffee table just waiting for my 'second breakfast' coffee and a drooooool over all the things I don't just 'want'...but I <u>'need'</u> them....honestly, they are essential!)

4. Never heard of Lakeland.

[​IMG]

5. BelleDuJour

Yep.....that's it. That's Lakeland!
    *Belle considers absolute necesssity of lemon boobie*

6. What is this sprayable egg glaze thingie?
    What is in it that makes it sprayable (and keepable!)?

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Just added ovoglaze to my list, what a brilliant idea!

8. BelleDuJour

It's simply beaten egg with a littel potassium sorbate (I think) as a preservative and is in an air tight aerosol type can.
    It's simply brilliant!

9. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I know not of what you speak.
    I'm in trouble, though.
    Apparently the are that we're moving to in a couple of weeks has a Lakeland store opening later on this year.
    What am I going to do???

10. egyptgirl

area, that should have been!

11. Poach pods. Marvellous.

12. egyptgirl, I have heard this Lakeland thing has poach pods.
    I think you need some!

13. egyptgirl

Thanks, CQ but we don't really eat a lot of poached eggs!

14. You poor thing, you do take a lot of stick from us about that. Glad you can hold your own [​IMG]

15. egyptgirl

No problemo. I think of it as loving baiting from a family.
    Anyway, when I saw your post it made me laugh - and I am still laughing!

16. Yeah, you know in German we say "was sich neckt das liebt sich" [​IMG]

17. egyptgirl

Beautiful.

18. BelleDuJour

I've got two of these but, strangely enough, I don't get on with them at all.
    Much happier to drop a fresh egg into simmering water, and as my eggs are fresh from the cluck bird, they poach beautifully.
    My only unsuccessful purchase from Lakeland.

19. good job you didn't order 20 then.

20. BelleDuJour

indeed it is! [​IMG]