1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kitchen Heat

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by alison88, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Just wondering if any one noted the temparatures of their rooms today - in particular food technology rooms...
    I didn't see the inside temperature but I can safely say cooking with 8 ovens on for 3 out of 6 lessons with outside temperatures of 32C isn't good! I've no idea how professional chefs do it.
    Did anyone else in Kent struggle today?

2. It was rather hot yesterday!! I am in hottest area yesterday but thankfully no food. Gave up thinking about using the brazing hearth. Workshop was pushing 33 degrees, kids wiped out, staff wiped out! The perils of Kent!!

3. The temperature in my room was 39 degrees! We were all melting!

4. ditto charsam

5. jubilee

jubilee Lead commenter

I taught four practicals today and was in the room for a theory lesson in between 2 practicals. I (literally) had dripping hair by the end of the day and couldn't understand how the pupils were happy to cook with their sweatshirts on.
    I drove 40 miles with the car fan on the lowest setting and downed 2 tumblers of water in seconds when I arrived home. My hair was still damp.

6. LOL the aircon in my car is bliss!

7. And my aircon is broken and the quote for fixing is £900 so just driving with windows open! Boo Hoo!!!