1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

KIT days and supply whilst on maternity leave

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by snowcloud, May 13, 2011.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Can anyone fill me in with the rules/ legislation about KIT days and supply and how it affects your rights and pay?

2. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Does anyone know if half days ie. a morning count as a half day or a whole KIT day as I was talking to someone about this and they thought it would be classed as a whole calendar day?

3. I did changeover morning and was paid for half a day's KIT- why would you get a whole day if you're not there a whole day? I would have stayed longer but to be honest it felt great to be able to go home at lunchtime!

4. I understand it that if you do half day you get paid for half a day but it uses up a whole day from the 10 you are allowed

5. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

Yes it wasn't the pay I was bothered about I meant exactly what blademaid has said. Yes I thought that might be an issue. Thanks