1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kingston uni interview

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by helenruocco, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Hi,

I've just found out i've got an interview at Kingston uni for early years pgce next Monday.
    I'm very very nervous and don't really know where to start with my preparation! I just wondered if anyone has recently had the same or a similar interview there and if you have any helpful tips on what I need to brush up on and prepare? I believe the format is an introduction, followed by maths and english tests, then a group task, ending with an individual interview.
    I'd be really grateful for any help, at the moment i'm just going round in circles and hoping im revising the right things!

Thanks
    Helen

2. Hi,

I've just found out i've got an interview at Kingston uni for early years pgce next Monday.
    I'm very very nervous and don't really know where to start with my preparation! I just wondered if anyone has recently had the same or a similar interview there and if you have any helpful tips on what I need to brush up on and prepare? I believe the format is an introduction, followed by maths and english tests, then a group task, ending with an individual interview.
    I'd be really grateful for any help, at the moment i'm just going round in circles and hoping im revising the right things!

Thanks
    Helen

3. I did my BA Early Years (Teaching) at Kingston. The early years team are amazing - very supportive and totally inspired. I can't remember the interview, except that it was very relaxed and they put me at ease but I know from the course that they value creative teaching, allowing children to show their individuality and succeed at their level - lots of sensory, open ended activity. Also spent quite a lot of time looking at progression through EYFS and how it feeds into/relates to KS1 and 2 Even though this was 2 years ago they looked closely at the concept of 'school readiness' and since this is so relevant at the mo, may be worth looking at.I know this isn't the same as the PGCE but since it is the same department, hope it might help.