1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

King James Bible: Can't wait

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by BRENHELL, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Are we all looking forward to the imminent arrival of the product of Gove's latest brainwave?
    Can't wait to change all my lesson plans to incorporate readings from this. Will it come with a lecturn too?
    Personally I think its £400K well spent, especially when no-one in my department is allowed to photocopy due to spending restraints.
    Excellent work Mr Gove. I have to finish this now so I can write to him to suggest that he fund more of these excellent initiatives and pay for it by freezing my pay for two years and axing my pension.
    Priceless!

2. 576

576 Established commenter

The Gov isn't funding it
    'The Department for Education estimates the cost of the scheme at &pound;375,000, and <u>is seeking philanthropic sponsorship</u>
    from the Guardian online.
    Personally I struggle to see the logic of sending one copy of anything to a school with hundreds of students!
    Maybe it's for the Management's use in the daily act of collective worship of a broadly Christian nature!
    Does anyone but the Church schools still do them.
    I agree with the statement that schools are awash with Bibles.
    99% of the time I use blueletterbible and copy & paste the relevant passage into a handout or a ppt. and I always use NIV for it's readability

3. and the irony is the Church schools aren't getting them!