1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle (Sony etc.) owners - TES one-file download!

Discussion in 'Book club' started by anon1165, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hi all. Yesterday I wrote an email to TES asking for the option to download TES in a single file, be it zip, pdf, doc, or via RSS feed. My argument was that the articles are all fully online one by one, which means 1.) they are already digitalised and 2.) the whole paper can be read free. Obviously downloading all the articles one by one is just not feasible, so I asked if we could have a one-file download. I also argued that some people only have limited internet access, in which case they could download the TES onto a memory stick, and read it without having to be on line.
    Obviously we, Kindle (and other ebook-reader) owners [​IMG] know that if we could download it in one file in whatever format, we could read it on our devices.
    Today I got a reply which is mildly promising, but I think the issue would need a bit of support. The email address I used is help@tsleducation.com . If you want to read the TES on your Kindle, could you too please drop them an email just to show we really want it? [​IMG]

2. Hi all. Yesterday I wrote an email to TES asking for the option to download TES in a single file, be it zip, pdf, doc, or via RSS feed. My argument was that the articles are all fully online one by one, which means 1.) they are already digitalised and 2.) the whole paper can be read free. Obviously downloading all the articles one by one is just not feasible, so I asked if we could have a one-file download. I also argued that some people only have limited internet access, in which case they could download the TES onto a memory stick, and read it without having to be on line.
    Obviously we, Kindle (and other ebook-reader) owners [​IMG] know that if we could download it in one file in whatever format, we could read it on our devices.
    Today I got a reply which is mildly promising, but I think the issue would need a bit of support. The email address I used is help@tsleducation.com . If you want to read the TES on your Kindle, could you too please drop them an email just to show we really want it? [​IMG]

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Done.
    Now everybody else do it too!
    (But mind you, perhaps they want it to be a bit difficult so that we buy the paper instead . . .)

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. maybe what they could do is offer it at a slightly cheaper price but for e-reader? that would then possibly solve both issues

5. Mr Tun, no one would download it for a slightly cheaper price, when you can read it free online.
    Havig said that, it's 9.30 a.m. on Friday - where is this week's TES online?

6. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

I've just emailed them. Let's hope plenty of other people do so too.