1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle recommendations

Discussion in 'Book club' started by jonowen, Nov 17, 2011.

1. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi, I would like a kindle (for Christmas) but not sure where to look for recommendations - can someone suggest what they think is the best to go for? Does it come with free books and can I choose these or are they already programmed in? Does it work out cheaper that paper books and how easy is it to "mark" your page when you are finished reading for that moment?
    Sorry to ask all these questions but I really am still in the dark ages!

Thanks in advance
    Joni x

2. I have had my kindle since mother's day and it's invaluable. It arrives empty and you shop via your kindle store. Books are much cheaper and you can buy from the comfort of your own bed! The "try a sample" for free is a great feature too.I have the 3G model which allows downloads anytime, anyplace, anywhere.....but it cost a bit more initially. The kindle is intelligent and bookmarks your last page when you switch off or fall asleep. You can annotate each page too if you belong to a book group or use the dictionary for tricky words. Hope this helps. The only current disadvantage is that you can't pass the book on to a friend....maybe this will change. Lastly, if it "dies" amazon/kindle have a record of your account and you can retrieve any lost books.

Deb

3. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Thanks for your advice. I used to think it was a bad thing to replace "the book" but I have certainly changed my mind!