1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle questions

Discussion in 'Book club' started by Pandora Peroxide, May 29, 2011.

1. Pandora Peroxide

Pandora Peroxide New commenter

Considering a Kindle as a birthday gift. Can anybody answer me a couple of questions?
    1. With the 3G one is it unlimited free 3G and withou ta monthly fee - and would this work in Spain so I can surf in my hotel room?
    2. Are there sites I can download current books from that cost less than Amazon? I have seen some of the new books (Dead Reckoning for e.g.) are actually dearer for download than in hardback and this seems a bit harsh.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Pandora - do browse the Kindle Club thread here on Book Club to get a feel. Start at the end and work back until you are fed up!
    Q1 Yes. I can read my e-mail and reply to it, look at the footie scores, and even post on TES. From Spain. For free. When my internet was down a few weeks ago I did all my postings viua Kindle.
    But it is slow and awkward, great for occasional use, but this is an extra, not the main reason for buying a Kindle.
    Q2 If you look just a few threads down, there is one about Free books for Kindle etc. Amazon also has loads of free books - it has special offers every day too, putting books down to £0.0p for a few hours. There is a webiste called JungleSearch which yoiu can sign up to and it tells you which books are free that morning - just go and "buy" them for nothing straight away before the price goes up.
    I got Life of Pi and Archer's Kane and Abel like that last week.
    Sollok at that thread to get more ideas for cheap and totally free books.
    Best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!