1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle question - finished folder

Discussion in 'Book club' started by jhp06220, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I have recently replaced my kindle due to a cracked screen on my first (can't praise amazon enough for prompt replacement and excellent customer services). I have created a finished folder (as I had on my first kindle) and when I finished my first book I tried to move it into the folder to keep my home screen tidy. For some reason it doesn't move the book, but copies it? I am left with a copy of the book in my home section as well as in the finished folder. This didn't happen on my previous kindle, it went into the finished folder and was removed from the home page.

Anyone have any ideas what I've done wrong or how to create a proper finished folder?

Thanks

A

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Home Screen has different views. By Title, By Author, or By Collection.
    You get the views by moving the cursor up to the very very top of the screen, and then clicking right, and selecting the view that you want.
    In By Title and By Author, all books are visible in the Home Screen.
    In By Collection, you will see all your collections, plus any books that are not in a collection.
    Now if your only Collection is Finished, then you will see your completed books, as always, with all the others in By Title and By Author, but when you change to By Collection, all completed books will disappear into the Finished Collection (as long as you have actually added them to that Collection!), and only the others will be visible on Home Screen.
    I have 27 Collections on my Kindle - but then, I have nearly 2,000 books on it!
    Best wishes

3. Thank you! That makes sense. On my previous kindle it must have been set to collection and that is why they only appeared once. Off to fix it now.

Thank you