1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle Lovers - Kindle Voyage?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by midnight_angel, Sep 19, 2015.

1. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

I love my Kindle Paperwhite, and need the backlight (the Voyage does have this too), which I have had for three years now. However, I am tempted to upgrade to the Voyage and pass on my Paperwhite to my 12 year old nephew. (He isn't a 'keen' reader, but enjoyed the 'technology' side of the Kindle, and read a couple of books off mine, whilst we were all on holiday over the summer.)

But is the Voyage worth the extra expense (is £169 for WiFi only - I don't need the 3G version, always used WiFi only on prior Kindles)? Anyone have any experience of the Voyage?

Thank you :)

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

3. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Thank you Theo!

I hadn't realised that someone had asked the same question recently, otherwise would naturally have read that first!

But I have read it, and thank you so much for your help (I figured that you would be the best person 'in the know').

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh, I wasn't in the least suggesting that you should! It would be daft to always expect that everyone has read everything . . .

Happy Kindling . . . nothing like a Kindle to improve ANY location.

[​IMG]

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.