1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kindle Freebies

Discussion in 'Book club' started by oakapple, Nov 29, 2011.

1. http://www.ereaderiq.co.uk/newsletter/
    I've been getting the newsletter with suggestions for zero cost books for my Kindle.
    Any suggestions for a good read?
    I have had my Kindle since July but I've still got a pile of paperbacks to read so I'm not buying for the Kindle - yet!

2. http://www.ereaderiq.co.uk/newsletter/
    I've been getting the newsletter with suggestions for zero cost books for my Kindle.
    Any suggestions for a good read?
    I have had my Kindle since July but I've still got a pile of paperbacks to read so I'm not buying for the Kindle - yet!

3. impis

impis New commenter

The Facebook Killer is a jolly good read!! Part 1 is free, on Kindle. Part 2 is only 99p.

4. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I get the Jungle list of freebies (as recommended by Theo!) ....this morning the list was quite simply ginormous!
    I'm fairly certain that most people will find at least one freebie they fancy for their Kindle amongst today's list....although you do have to trawl through a couple of dozen titles 'of an adult nature' that are so trashy even I wouldn't read them!
    (I found 3....a Maths story for children....a Christmassy Whodunnit...and a Christian book that I may delete!)

5. impis

impis New commenter

You have to be careful though. In the last two lists of free books they've sent me, there's been a couple of books that aren't free at all - and I've not noticed until after I've clicked on the 'buy with oneclick' option. [Too late to get it back]
    Yesterday there was a book about living with Huskeys that was on the free list, but it was £7.95 when it came up and i'd bought it.
    Not happy!

6. I got caught out by this once so changed my maximum automatic payment on amazon to 49p! Anything over this I have to confirm the order so it usually wakes me up to the fact that the book is no longer free!
    As Theo has mentioned some of these free links are only free for a day or so and I don't always check out the kindle freebie lists on the day they are sent so would second your warning to watch out for the 'no longer free' books