1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

kindergarten in australia

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Lexii, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Hi I don't seem to be able to find the answer and wondered if anyone knows here....
    I want to teach kindergarten 3-5year olds in oz as I currently teach nursery in UK. I have a BA educational studies degree and a primary pgce. Am I qualified or do I need to have done early years training? Any help or advice much appreciated!

2. Hi I don't seem to be able to find the answer and wondered if anyone knows here....
    I want to teach kindergarten 3-5year olds in oz as I currently teach nursery in UK. I have a BA educational studies degree and a primary pgce. Am I qualified or do I need to have done early years training? Any help or advice much appreciated!

3. The AITSL is the assessing body for migation purposes, so you can ask them, as well as asking the Teacher Registration Board of the State you are interested in teaching in - if you're not sure/don't mind so much where, contact them all! :)
    Sorry I can't help more than that, not really my area - I imagine some of it (depending on the state) will depend on who you did your teaching prac. with (ie Upper KS2/KS1 etc etc), and any specific modules of your degree.