1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Killing Eve

Discussion in 'Personal' started by minnie me, Sep 19, 2018.

1. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Anyone watching ? thoughts ? Jodie Comer a revelation and Sandra Ohm ( sp ? ) - v good but I think all a bit hit and miss ? Enjoyed episodes 1 and 2 but following whole season on iplayer - maybe I am taking it too seriously ?

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Well, I'm enjoying it. Seen episode 3. Am bingeing.

It doesn't quite seem to know if it's a drama or a comedy or a comedy-drama. But the assassin role is brilliant. Who wouldn't love to play that? I'm not even an actress!

But it's just what I'd expect from Phoebe Waller-Bridge. I loved Fleabag. And that had some very uncomfortable moments amongst the laughter.

So I think PWB is definitely intending this to be more drama than comedy and it works really well. I started off as if I had reservations about it. I don't. I don't care what label it has. I'll watch anything by or with PWB.

3. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Suspect I am overthinking it - some bits work v well and others not so much . Very little quality drama around at present so on balance this gets a tick ;)Bodyguard - don’t get me started ! That guy is sooooo wooden :confused:

4. grumpydogwoman

Bodyguard?

No. We watch it as Her Maj is enjoying it. He is terrible though. As was Keeley Hawes in it. I've never liked her much though. Except in Ashes To Ashes.

I don't care if I don't see the finale to Bodyguard. But I'm hooked on Killing Eve.

What's the difference? I didn't like Julia Montague, David Budd is a mess, it's a Tory administration. I cordially dislike them all. Also they're not very good at their jobs. They can't find out that Budd served in Afghanistan with the sniper and they don't check the hall thoroughly enough to prevent a bomb exploding.

Whereas I very much like Eve and her husband and I have a grudging liking for the assassin as she's like cool man innit tho and funky and beautiful and silly and compelling. Kind of how I wish I was (minus the stabbings etc). But she does know how to have fun!

5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I enjoyed it.

6. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I have started watching it (due to this thread reminding of a colleagues recommendation) and so far, I'm really liking it.

7. vannie

vannie Star commenter

I’ve watched it all and I really enjoyed it. Loved both the leads.

8. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Finished it on I player to day . Second series commissioned so that ‘s good BUT I don’t think they can keep relying on the postcard / assassination cycle ....and discovered yesterday during my cut / colour that Jodie Comer goes to my hairdressing salon - woah !

9. catmother

catmother Star commenter

She's been good in everything I've seen her but she's amazing in Killing Eve,

minnie me likes this.
  10. Nt31

Nt31 New commenter

Does she still live in Liverpool the Minnie me.? Just about to binge on another 2 episodes. I’m loving it.

11. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I believe so (but the salon is in Chester . Her stylists moved up from London to work here )

12. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

I’ve not seen or heard of this programme but I shall now seek it out due to the positive comments about it on this thread.

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

It's on BBC1 on Saturday but the whole box is on the IPlayer.

Jamvic likes this.
  14. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Thank you.

15. grumpydogwoman

Argh! Just got to the end!!! What am I to do now???

kibosh likes this.
  16. CeciledeVolanges

CeciledeVolanges New commenter

Try to hang on for a year until Season 2 will be shown. (and hope the new writer is just as good).
    I'm not binging the box set, trying to make it last.