1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

killing a thread!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hyssop_puppy, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Is it just me?
    Whenever I add a comment to a thread it always seems to be the last one posted!!
    I'm starting to get paranoid that no-one wants to talk to me.
    Or perhaps my comments are so clever that no-one can follow them!!
    Nah - it can't be that.
    I hope someone answers me!

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

It's not you, hyssop_puppy, though your user name is a bit of a mouthful. Are you sure you're not a racehorse?
    Hi, I'm inky and I'm nice most of the time.

3. Hello hyssop_puppy. I'm thumbie and I like a good spat, so post something controversial and I will reply. [​IMG]

4. But I do try to be helpful too.

5. Is my user name stopping people responding to my posts then?
    I'm sure I could change it. I could be puppy for short!

6. My recent posts have included a rant about a recently promoted literacy co-ordinator who f's instead of th's, a moan about staff:pupil ratios in Reception, and a defence of standards in Reception against someone who felt that me not wanting to complete APP sheets meant standards must be falling.
    Perhaps these were not controversial posts as they were all the last ones on those threads.

7. Oh no, I missed those! Except the staff: pupil ratio one, and I just agreed with you and everybody else on that.

8. I'm watching (and responding) to another thread about EY Planning.
    Someone who's new to Reception and seeking advice says they've looked at some MTP's, which I worked out to be Medium term plans, and they've looked at some PLOD's.
    What are they then?
    I hate acronyms!!

9. That'll be me and I am about to reply HPups LOL I dunno what a PLOD is either x

10. Thanks newgreenteacher. I love my new short name!!!

11. Thank you sandyjohn. I can rest easy now knowing what a PLOD is.
    And I shall be following your link shortly.

12. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

Hi Hpup,
    I'm confused is a PLOD like a next step then when thinking about AOP ( Area of Provision)
    Sorry haven't followed link yet but wanted to say Hi.[​IMG]

13. Hello Miss Piggywig,
    I'm the person who was going to follow someone else's link.
    Haven't done it yet so I can't really tell you with any authority! But I think what you say is probably close enough - looking at how you can develop something you've set going, by extending the learning, setting a new challenge, providing additional or enhanced resources.
    Stuff like that - I guess.

14. Hi
    I also have a very off-putting screen name and am also death to posts.I tried to change my name to a friendlier one but couldn't work out how, I tried to re-register but couldn't without providinga different email address.
    HPup, I was with you on the APP in Reception thang. Think that one died because it was posted twice and 2 threads briefly fluttered before crashing and burning.
    I just don't seem to have the posting ettiquette (can't even spell it)! I was told off for my tone in a recent post which I find bizarre considering how rude and disrespectful some people are on here of other people's views, experiences and opinions (although not necessarily on the lovely EY board!). I had decided to stop wasting my time reading and posting but am using it as a displacement activity - I should be finishing my reports.

15. Pleased to make your acquaintance wotworklifebalance!
    I actualyt thought this thread was dead and my last post had done it, so I was really pleased to see your post there today.
    I couldn't agree with you more about the vitriol that flies through some of the threads I've followed. What can you possibly have said and in what 'tone' to merit a ticking off? I think the worst I've managed to do is just sound ignorant and vaguely stupid when I've said things people disagree with.
    Of course there may be someone out there who would disagree with that and say I've said bad things too!!

16. Hi Hpup. It was bad. I asked a phonics question but said that I didn't want it to turn into a phonics rant. Phonics seems to be the issue which is most devisive (although primary PE seems to be running a pretty close second at the moment!).
    No bad things yet ...
    What was the outcome of your APP discussions?

17. I think the PE thread is quite scary! Couldn't quite believe some of the messages - much friendlier here

18. Scary and judgemental!
    I am regularly shocked by the way that some people are completely convinced that they are God's gift to teaching and that everything that they do must be right. I was with the girl who said that she didn't teach PE because her bum looked big in trackies. I do teach PE and am lucky that I feel quite confident about what I do and don't have to do but I loathe teaching PE esp above Year 2. I can't catch and can't throw and am even worse with a football (although I am a qualified rugby coach). It doesn't matter how many PE courses I attend nothing is going to change that and above Year 2 the little darlings are better at all of those things.
    I'd like to see some of the holier than thous on that thread (oh dear, I'm risking being as judgemental as they are) coming to teach my Reception, Yr 1 and Yr 2 class (including the dyspraxic boy who literally cannot run) on a wet February afternoon when the field has been churned to mud. We don't have a hall. Get your 2 PE sessions a week, every week, in then mateys.