1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Kids growing up

Discussion in 'Personal' started by giraffe, Feb 7, 2011.

1. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

One of my daughters has just told me that she has a boyfriend/partner and they are going to set up home together.
    He sounds nice.
    I didn't see it coming .

OMG I feel old!!!

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

One of my daughters has just told me that she has a boyfriend/partner and they are going to set up home together.
    He sounds nice.
    I didn't see it coming .

OMG I feel old!!!

3. Have you not met him?

4. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

How long have they been together Giraffe? Surely you knew she had a boyfriend if its gone that far. I do know what you mean tho - my eldest is likely to be getting married next year (her boyf came to tell me he is proposing next month ). I felt ancient hearing that.

5. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Don't feel old!
    I'm 60 this year and it's tempting to think about the negative side of this but I'm so aware I'm still so young compared with my 88 year old mother. You're probably barely grown up yet!! I don't think I really grew up till I was in my 50's - for the first time I began to trust my own judgement. Now I think I am mature - finally; haven't done anything really stupid for a while at any rate.
    Hope your offspring is really happy.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

grandchildren

although some modern parents take the babysitting *** -

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

q155

8. Don't worry! Accepting they are moving on should be a liberation, even if it doesn't feel like it.
    My son was off back to Uni after a weekend at home yesterday, and for some reason it came up in conversation that I was glad he wasn't hung up on a girlfriend just yet.
    "Yes I am" came the reply: her name is Sinita and she's from the USA.
    I have now recovered!!!! Images of a certain pop star fully fulfilled.