1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kids do the STRANGEST things

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by si2002, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone had anything stranger than this happen:
    In a year 8 lesson one of my students knew he would not be allowed to leave for the toilet and got himself so worked up that he walked over to the bin, unzipped and pee'd in it!
    I said the only thing I possibly could: "get out, and take your bin with you!"

2. in addition...
    Sitting a maths GCSE in the support room with a learning support assisstant the child in question seemed to be doing very little. In fact he was doing a lot ... under the desk ... with his little boy bits!
    The poor learning support assisstant had to deal with the (dare I say quite literally) w****r without disturbing the rest of the exam!

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

One could ask the question as to why the child was not allowed to go to the toilet in the first place, with the child getting into such a distressed state that they had to urinate in the bin.
    The event is not strange, just disturbing that rules are applied without any sense of perspective.

4. It was the standard rules in the classroom/school but down to teacher's discretion. The child hadn't even asked if he could go.
    I don't know about any other schools but the 3 I've worked in generally only allow emergency visits, otherwise kids go every 5 minutes to get out of class and there's no control or time to teach

5. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

the other day i saw two girls coming out of a science lab, which they know theyre not allowed in wihtout a teacher. one girl looked at me and then her friend and said "quick turn the light off so she doesnt know we were in there" the friend then ran in to the lab and then retuend a few moments later to tell her friend " i cant find the lightswitch".
    i then explained to them that i saw them in the lab as i passed the window, i saw then come out and overheard their convo about the lights in an attempt to trick me.
    what i didnt tell them is the reason she cudnt find a switch is cause the ligths are automatic, hehe