1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kick off in Bahrain

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by stopwatch, Feb 17, 2011.

1. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

I am watching BBC World news on TV.
    Things in Bahrain are looking very serious. Seems quite violent.
    Is anybody there and have any news/updates?
    Schools closed?
    [​IMG]

2. stopwatch

stopwatch Established commenter

I am watching BBC World news on TV.
    Things in Bahrain are looking very serious. Seems quite violent.
    Is anybody there and have any news/updates?
    Schools closed?
    [​IMG]

3. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Oops, I entered this thread / conversation thinking you were asking about football / rugby.

4. Pat10

Pat10 New commenter

Some international schools on half term break this week anyway but office staff have been told to stay away today. I expect most schools are waiting to see how the situation develops this weekend before they open up again on Sunday.

5. Wonder if the teachers from the travelling Saints' school will travel..

6. moscowbore

moscowbore Occasional commenter

I have spent the last 4 days in Bahrain. Didnt see a thing. Only evidence of anything going on was big queues in the supermarket. One corner of manama is blocked by tanks. Most companies sent their workers home half-day yesterday so my hotel bar was busier than usual. Absolutely no problem getting to the airport.
    The rumours are that the occupied roundabout would cause the Grand Prix to be cancelled so they sent the tanks in.

7. hi qatarsoon
    have you been back to bahrain since? what is the news of bahrain from the middle east? what are the views about moving there