1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

keypayroll- should i believe them?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by albertdog, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I have one day paid through Key and another by ISS. The one day through ISS was promptly paid, but, but my calculations, I received about £3 less than I would have on PAYE. For the other day, paid by Key, which I did in November, I am still waiting. E-mails, phone calls, letters: all bring promises of action but nothing else. I have considered using the SCC procedure, but the cost of doing so is more than the earnings involved.

2. Hi. I am considering leaving a full time permanent teaching job to do supply. I don't understand all of the implications e.g pay. What is key, ISS or MCC? I need to get out of the rat race and have some sort of controll. The last year I have been so stressed with meetings, book scrutinies, observations and mountains of work I do at home. It must be a better way to earn a living.

3. But the problem is that you probably can't earn a living from supply work any more. And it's only going to get worse once the new budgets hit the schools. They are likely to be worse than before and one thing that can be cut is supply. Depending on where you are and what you ar eoffering supply can be very thin on the ground now.

4. I left Key and have gone back to Teaching Personnel's own payroll - at least I can understand my payslips now!