1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keyboards for primary school - please help!

Discussion in 'Music' started by notasstressedasilook, Jul 17, 2011.

1. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

Hi, I'm looking for some keyboards for our school and don't really know where to start. I'd like something we can record to usb from and I think touch sensitive keys too. I believe Yamaha are good but would appreciate model recommendations.
    Thanks
    :0)

2. notasstressedasilook

notasstressedasilook New commenter

Hi, I'm looking for some keyboards for our school and don't really know where to start. I'd like something we can record to usb from and I think touch sensitive keys too. I believe Yamaha are good but would appreciate model recommendations.
    Thanks
    :0)

Dancingonsand likes this.
  3. When you say "record to and from USB" do you anticipate inserting a flash drive into a USB port or are you going to use a computer?
    The lower cost Yamaha keyboards do come with built in sequencers, usually 2 track, 6 track on the larget models. Unfortunately, these keyboards have no way of saving the data stored on board. Their connections are Midi in/out - not USB compatible. The lowers end keyboards are not touch sensitive - I have two PSR E323's which are touch sensitive - they are very quiet, which is a bonus.
    The exception af all of these from Yamaha is the NP V80, which is quite expensive but has a USB stick slot for recording data..
    The Casio CTK 3000 comse with a USB connection on the back but this is to connect to a computer. I use two of the CTK 5000 keyboards and this connection works well with Cubase and Sibelius but I have not tried saving the onboard recordings.
    The CTK 5000 has a slot for a data card (Flash card, I think - one of the smallish ones that go in cameras). I have used this to save data although the process was complicated.
    Hope this helps.