1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage Two National Curriculum Tests May 2011 (SATs 2011)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tiggermet, May 8, 2011.

1. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

SCIENCE IS DONE!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pretty easy papers really, just glad they are out of the way.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

If you want to challenge the brighter pupils, you can get hold of KS3 Sats papers level 4 - 6 and also you might like looking at foundation stage GCSE papers available from AQA, Edexcel and OCR.

3. Sorry but that's not entirely true... the year six children I had last year trialled the exact writing paper this year's lot took BEFORE last year's tests. They obviously didn't take any notice of my feedback though!

4. That's really interesting. And please could you tell me what your feedback was?
    Thank you. x

5. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

This years SATS very very dumbed down imo

6. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

You can't get much more dumbed down than thinking that "SATS" is any sort of spelling suitable for National Curriculum tests (NCTs).
    Why does this nonsense continue?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Easier to say than NCTs. Might get confused with the NCT.

8. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

Markuss..it continues because 99/100 people still refer to it as that. I'll take their name for it over one jumped up pompous little sh.it anyday thanks

9. The tests done by the National Childbirth Trust are not at all appropriate for year six children thank you very much.

10. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Zactly!!!

11. Was wondering what kind of rules trialling schools are bound by to ensure that children schools who have already seen the papers don't have an unfair advantage.

12. I had no idea that they would be used so soon.... assumed that they would make lots of changes and we'd see them again in a different form in a few years! We weren't allowed to keep anything from the tests and a man from the nfer came, administered the tests, collected our feedback and then off he went. Nothing was left in school for anyone to see.

I can quite honestly say it gave us no advantage.

I think the speech task was pretty similar to the one we had this year (though I have no idea if they gave the same charities) but when I actually gave feedback I mentioned that we rarely write persuasive 'speeches' in primary school and it isn't something the children see a lot. Also, when we do have debates of any kind, the children are encouraged to speak from bullet points/notes rather than reading a whole speech. They obviously took no notice...

I don't actually remember the second task at all... It was probably the same. I do remember complaining in my feedback that there was little opportunity for the children to be really creative.

13. They must not have been interested in useful feedback on how to make the tasks more appropriate! Must have just wanted to use the scripts to make the marking scheme.

Don't suppose you ever found out waht marks the children achieved.

14. I have just uploaded the perfect antedote to the strain of last week in the resources area. A must for staff meetings!

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Jane-Considine-s-Skills-Bank-6081331/

15. Sorry, wrong file! Here is the spoof of the SATs reading booklet - enjoy :)

www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Spoof-SATs-Reading-Booklet-6082079/

16. Oh I DID! It is wonderful and gave me my first laugh of the week. Fantastic! Thank you SO much!.

17. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

Fantastic!!

18. Oh my god! - What is WRONG with you!

19. Hello,
    i can see that your year 6 did the 2011 science sample test. could you send me a copy (test a and b) as i would like to use that to assess my year 6

Thanks