1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage Two National Curriculum Tests May 2011 (SATs 2011)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Tiggermet, May 8, 2011.

1. sallymgoodman

sallymgoodman New commenter

Half of my class were sitting there thinking "Cereal bar? It used to be a chocolate bar!", and the other half were thinking "Where can I buy a cereal bar for 27 and a half p? And what is a half p anyway?"

2. Last question was 12-9 then added to 36. It was shockingly easy BUT because it was at the end I think people over think it?

3. Last one today - yeah. Good luck to you all and your kids and enjoy whatever treats/celebrations you are having. Mine get end of year production scripts today which they are really looking forward to plus a belated street party for the whole school tomorrow afternoon.

4. I also hope everyone enjoys their celebrations tomorrow. Think of my poor Year 6 children, they are spending the day doing the science tests as we were lucky enough to be chosen to have our pupils endure more tests for the governments science sampling!!!

5. Now that's not fair and you know it. I can't even be bothered to write anymore. Ridiculous.

6. Is it just me or do other people think that Sir Frank is just winding us up? Surely teachers like him don't really exist?

Whether you are joking with us or not, your comments have really made me chuckle.

Thanks Sir Frank!

7. My pleasure Sir...

8. Oh no Sir Frank, you are mistaken, in any decent school 92% would get level 5"s!

9. Very funny! And so true.

10. yes..very good :)

11. zugthebug

zugthebug New commenter

the 5p piece question was a swine, and then to drop in the answer in metres. the borderlines who sit near my desk all had 360 as the answer grrrr

i do agree some questions were designed to trick

12. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

A third of mine managed a level 6, and a quarter were below level 4, I'm not sure whether that makes my school decent or not[​IMG]

13. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

12 out of 60 of ours did the level 6 reading today and are no longer speaking to me! Ahhh well. similar maths one tomorrow.

About 20 will be below level 4 in reading. About 15 will be level 5.

Sooo about 66% level 4+, about 25% level 5+ and about 15% level 6+. Hmmmmm not sure about decency either.

14. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We didn't even try the reading level 6 paper, the "normal" one one was bad enough!
    Good Luck for tomorrow, mine definitely found part 1 of the maths trickier, except for my top scorer who found the opposite!

15. Marvellous answer to the train timetable question in B (why Australia for god's sake??!) from one of our 'more supported' boys, who is habitually laid back and late for school - picked the train that would have got in 5 minutes <u>after</u> 8. When asked afterwards said 'Well, 5 minutes won't make any difference, he'll just be a bit late....!'

16. Jaupua

Jaupua New commenter

Lol Honestly, mate, you've got no idea. The assessment culture in our laughable education system is a deficit driven measuring stick; one which privileges the middle classes and accepts failure as an inherent part of the structure.

If I taught in the school that I went to as a child, I'd get 92% Level 4+, whilst spinning on my c**k and whistling Dixie. As is, I, and every teacher in the years below, work our ar*ses off to ensure that we get 80% level 4s.

You can add patronising to self-righteous and pompous.

17. Jaupua

Jaupua New commenter

That was addressed to SIRFRANK. It didn't pick up the quotes, for some reason. Or the paragraphs, for that matter.

18. Excuse my ignorance here.....but what are Level 6 SATS papers? I thought they'd disappeared a while back. I presume they are optionals that you are doing 'in house' for your very able kids.

19. Good sats do not reflect a decent school, full stop! It's is more about progress, problems overcome, a stimulating environment, enthusiastic and happy children, broad curriculum, brilliant teaching and that certain something special that is different in every school! One of the worst schools I ever visited was outstanding, 90% L 5's and boring! Competetive parents who trained their little darlings every day to pass sats were the key to their success, Areas outside Maths and Lit were awful, like the Head and her cusion bound, lace trimmed office!

20. Pass, did I say Pass!!!!!!!!!!!!! I meanreach level 5
    I shall now top myself for posting such a phrase!