1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage one music schemes of work - Help!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by emma64, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Could anyone give me a hand? - have been set the task of writing a music scheme of work for the primary school. Have finished the KS2 scheme which, as a KS2 teacher, took time but I felt confident in doing it! Now tackling KS1 and foundation and finding it much more difficult. Does anyone have any ideas they could share for music lessons/topics in Year R, 1 or 2? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone should be interested in any teaching ideas for KS2 in return will be glad to help! Thanks.

2. Could anyone give me a hand? - have been set the task of writing a music scheme of work for the primary school. Have finished the KS2 scheme which, as a KS2 teacher, took time but I felt confident in doing it! Now tackling KS1 and foundation and finding it much more difficult. Does anyone have any ideas they could share for music lessons/topics in Year R, 1 or 2? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone should be interested in any teaching ideas for KS2 in return will be glad to help! Thanks.

3. Hey- we use music express throught Reception to year 6 at my school. It is really easily set out and comes with all resources. It also helps people who are not so confident with music and it gives lots of good tunes.
    Also look on the DFES Schemes of work website because you will find schemes of work on there and the topics KS1 should cover (which links into music express)

Hopes this helps!

4. Hi! I think I can be of help to you. I have taken a long time and over a few years have written a progressive music scheme of work for key stage one and two. I work in two schools and was asked the same thing a few years ago and have done loads of research and courses, and have put together nearly a whole year's worth of key stage one and two music lessons. They have even been piloted in a school and when I run music inset training days schools often take them on board. I have half-termly plans under the headings:(key stage one)

Exploring sounds
    Rhythm and pulse
    Instruments and symbols
    Pitch
    Timbre,tempo and dynamics
    singing games (still to be completed)

Each set has the plans, notated songs,CD's, resourses etc and are differentiated between Rec, year 1 and year 2.
    As you can see, I started them within the structure of the QCA but branched out later!
    Even if you don't want ready-made schemes of work but want ideas, I have loads of tried and tested key stage one and two ideas. I would love to discuss these with you and see what kind of ideas you are using too.
    Maybe we can help each other.

Contact me on: sally_wagter@hotmail.com

5. Hi
    I have just taken on the role of music coordinator and am working hard to develop the subject - music festival, musically themed assemblies, etc. I have just read your message and would be interested in gaining info about your scheme - can you help?
    Thanks
    Sue