1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key stage one action plan

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by RBG2, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hi everyone
    Was wondering if anyone has got any ideas or even written a key stage one action plan before? Any help would be great!
    Thank you

2. Hi everyone
    Was wondering if anyone has got any ideas or even written a key stage one action plan before? Any help would be great!
    Thank you

3. Yes I have, mine is currently based on raising standards in R/W/M. If you want to leave your email address will happily forward to you.

4. Moisy

Moisy New commenter

loopylo, could I please have a look too-I am moving to ks1 and have been asked to write one too-any ideas would be very welcome.
    Many thanks
    moira.croskell@talktalk.net

5. Action plans are meant to be specific to your school. They should include what you want to improve, how you are going to do it, how you will measure success, timescales and additional resources (including human resources).
    Keep your targets achievable yet challenging. Before I even begin to write an action plan, I talk with the teachers in my team to establish a shared vision for the year. My opinion is that an action plan is useless unless the whole team is on board and all working towards the targets that you have set.
    When the plan is written, I take the time about half way through the year to review where we are up to. I always do this in a different colour, highlighting areas that are not yet achieved. I then share this with the team again and we discuss how we can move forward in those areas.
    When I write an action plan, I always include a section at the bottom for the headteacher to sign (and the LA EYFS advisor - I am early years). This shows that I am talking about my plans and ideas for the future with the headteacher and that they are being verified by my early years advisor. It's simple enough to do and hardly takes any extra time, but would look good should Ofsted call.
    Good luck with the action plan. However, I would suggest that rather than looking at the action plan of someone else, you ask for someone to have a look at the one that you have written.
    I would also avoid sharing my personal email address on a public forum. One of the beautiful things about a forum is to remain anonymous.

6. spencerjay

spencerjay New commenter

Yes I have, mine is currently based on raising standards in R/W/M. If you want to leave your email address will happily forward to you.

I realise this thread was written a while ago, but would welcome a look at your action plan too if at all possible. I know you're not supposed to leave personal email addresses on here but can't see an alternative! Would be very grateful indeed if you could manage it. Thanks
    tiggerfan@live.co.uk

7. jomu

jomu New commenter

Could I have a copy of your action plan. Just about to do one Thanks
    jomu88@hotmail.com