1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage Four Coordinator

Discussion in 'English' started by Damn his eyes, May 23, 2010.

1. Hi,
    I'm applying for a job as KS4 Coordinator. Any ideas or tips for a personal statement? Also, are there any KS4 Coordinators out there who have any guidance as to what my priorities should be if I should get the job?

Thanks muchly!

2. Hi,
    I'm applying for a job as KS4 Coordinator. Any ideas or tips for a personal statement? Also, are there any KS4 Coordinators out there who have any guidance as to what my priorities should be if I should get the job?

Thanks muchly!

3. In the personal statement, outline your experience so far regarding KS4, things such as running revision classes, catch up coursework, different teaching approaches which you have used. Priorities would probably be:
    • Overseeing Schemes of Work.
    • Ensuring that appropriate resources are available, e.g. copies of texts.
    • Identifying pupils who have fallen behind with work and putting appropriate strategies in place.
    • Identifying pupils on C/D Borderline and putting intervention strategies in place.
    • Supporting staff with difficult pupils.
    • All the admin which comes with KS4, mark

4. should be mark sheets etc.
    • Moderating coursework.
    • Setting internal mock exams.
    • Using data effectively to highlight underachievers.
    • Preparing revision sessions etc.
    • Liasing with One to One Tutors.
    List is endless. Hope this helps

5. Hi regentsreject,
    Thank you for your advice. I think I am just dithering and I am just going to put pen to paper and go for it.

[​IMG]