1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 4 science entitlement

Discussion in 'Science' started by found nemo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Can anyone give a definitive answer as to the minimum entitlement for science provision at Key Stage 4. I thought one core science GCSE covered it but after fruitless searching I can't find evidence for this, only 'a course leading to two science GCSEs' which I was unaware of. Many thanks.

2. Can anyone give a definitive answer as to the minimum entitlement for science provision at Key Stage 4. I thought one core science GCSE covered it but after fruitless searching I can't find evidence for this, only 'a course leading to two science GCSEs' which I was unaware of. Many thanks.

3. not sure, didn;t think it had to be a gcse though

4. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Can be btec.
    Have to confess I'm not sure about the minimum entitlement at the moment.
    P

5. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

The minimum requirement is to cover the national curriculum. This can be doing for science, triple science, BTEC or entry level courses. All students should have the opportunity to take two GCSEs in science with pupils achieving a level 6 being given the opportunity to study for Triple science.