1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 4 low ability readers

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by craigapullen, Sep 14, 2017.

1. craigapullen

craigapullen New commenter

Hi.

I am currently working with some very low ability boys in year 11 who have an extremely poor reading age. Does anyone out there know or has used a good scheme/project/computer resource to help boost their reading skills?

Your help would be appreciated, not just by myself, but also the boys who are disillusioned with school right now.

Many thanks for your help.

Craig.

2. Trekkie

Trekkie Occasional commenter

Sorry, can't help with your problem but may I suggest you email help@tes.com and ask them to change your username because you have used an identifiable name.

3. RuthTom

RuthTom Occasional commenter

Pearson's Rapid Read is good.

4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

I know this is not helpful but I would love to read the school's policy on the rationale behind prioritising support for boys with reading difficulties ... but not until Y11 !

Wotton likes this.
  5. KRkazoo

KRkazoo New commenter

I have used BBC skillswise to help improve overall literacy skills in KS4. Made for adult education, found online, an excellent resource!