1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 4 - Compulsory?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by dangermouse_2007, Oct 1, 2015.

1. dangermouse_2007

dangermouse_2007 New commenter

Evening!

What is everyones interpretation of the POS? Are people teaching Compulsory Computing at KS4 and if so what are you covering and how?

2. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

This has been discussed previously. The NC is compulsory up to and including KS3 (unless you are in an Academy or Free School, where you have the right to pick what you want to teach, so long as you can convince Ofsted it is rigorous and challenging). KS4 computing POS is only comes in to play if you offer the qualification as one of your options, and the specification of the course you have picked will have covered these.

How am I teaching it? Just like I teach any other lesson. Knowing what I'm talking about, being able to do the tasks I expect my kids to do, and planning activities that will engage and stretch ALL my pupils. Bit of a silly question that last one don't ya think?