1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 4 Assessment for core PE ?

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Brodericks, May 18, 2011.

1. Apologies for the uninspiring title

Just canvasing eveyones thoughts opinions and ideas on how they assess KS4 Core PE.
    We currently use the levels 1 - 8 and have several leadership courses through ssp.
    Our examination assessemt is strong BTEC and GCSE (making a welcome return).

I think there is room for a better assessment something that incorporates, attitude leadership, and officiating under one simple scoring system. That is instantly recognisable and relevant to future employment and college application
    Any ideas?
    I was thinking something like a gold, silver and Bronze system all with seperate statement banks like NClevels but not restricted by ability.
    Is there anything like this already?

2. Apologies for the uninspiring title

Just canvasing eveyones thoughts opinions and ideas on how they assess KS4 Core PE.
    We currently use the levels 1 - 8 and have several leadership courses through ssp.
    Our examination assessemt is strong BTEC and GCSE (making a welcome return).

I think there is room for a better assessment something that incorporates, attitude leadership, and officiating under one simple scoring system. That is instantly recognisable and relevant to future employment and college application
    Any ideas?
    I was thinking something like a gold, silver and Bronze system all with seperate statement banks like NClevels but not restricted by ability.
    Is there anything like this already?