1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key stage 3 ICT text book

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by hmaloney, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Hi I am just doing the list for new text books for the 2010/2011 academic year. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. clickschool

clickschool New commenter

3. I don't know anyone who uses textbooks at KS3. Just use the net and make up your own units of work.

4. cj3

cj3

smartlearning and ICT4Life are my faves

5. I have brand new unused sets of KS3 Smart Skills Students Book, 26 each plus Teachers Book, for Yr 7 Yr8 and Yr9. I purchased them last September but have not used them. If anyone is interested in buying them please contact me. Linda C

6. Please advise whether these are still available and how much they would cost. Would consider buying them for a charity.

7. I'm an American teaching in Malaysia and I would just like to say you should always use a syllabus. If you did your background research you would see the skills and how they build upon each other, plus it gives the class and teacher focus and a point to go. It also prepares them for IGCSE once they are that far. I truly feel sorry for the students that have teachers that just teach what they want and follow no guidelines. Yes, that is my opinion.

As for InteraCT by Hodder Education... I've been teaching using these textbooks and I don't really like them. It's 2014 and it's just too outdated. You can go to dynamic-learning-student.co.uk, IlI'll post the book codes later so you can look at the material.

8. Couldn't agree with you more. It is so important to show progress from one year group to the next. We started planning our own schemes for the new curriculum but with differentiation, levels and the rest it was taking too long so we trialled Eduschemes and will use it from September. Sorted. It is amazing to teach from and the children thoroughly enjoy using it.