1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key stage 3 computing/ICT year planning

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ddonaldson, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hello

i have been tasked with developing the key stage 3 ICT/Computing curriculum. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good online resources (such as teachICT and Mukuko) from which I can purchase some decent resources?

preferably it will focus on areas of the national curriculum.

Can an you also share with me any subjects/topics that you would definitely include in your year plan overview for key stage 3.

Thanks

2. JaquesJaquesLiverot

JaquesJaquesLiverot Established commenter

I qualified in the 90s, when it never occurred to anyone to buy anything, so the first thing I did (about three years ago, before the National Curriculum was even published - although luckily it turned out to be very similar) was decide what I wanted students to know about Computing before they left school, and I came up with the list on the following page: advanced-ict.info/.../index.html

You might want to add or remove some things, of course, but I've included links to resources that I've made to support the list and I've constructed a sample scheme of work (the link is at the bottom) - although, again, you'll want to adapt that to suit your students.

3. whelk

whelk New commenter

Back to ICT after a bit of a break and have to teach PowerPoint, which, looking at examples, involves downloading pictures and loads of wikipedia stuff and assembling it in a slides with lots of animations and transitions. Glad it's becoming professional.

4. colwynexile

colwynexile Occasional commenter

And which part of the country are you in. Has time moved forward there or are you still burning Calvinist coppers to ensure the next season's harvest? :)