1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 2 (Yr 6) Science Plans / SOW

Discussion in 'Science' started by surfer76, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Have you considered primary upd8? Not a SOW but may have some useful resources that you could use.

I am surprised that there are not more science resources available for KS1-2. As a writer/editor of KS3-4 resources, I would be interested to know if there was demand for good quality, affordable KS2 science resources. This is something that I have been considering getting involved in starting up for a while. What do primary teachers think?

2. We bought our physics and chem ones from MDF publishing .com for about 40 quid.

3. erhgiez

erhgiez New commenter

Hi
    I too was in the same position a few years ago and decided to write my own scheme. We are a private school and have access to a lab so some of the resources revolve around being able to use Bunsen burners and the like. I have since completed the Yr 6 scheme (topics we cover are Practical skills and safety, Plants, animals and microbes, reversible and irreversible change, forces, light, atoms). Take a look at the resources I have uploaded and if they are geared to what you are after then send me a message and I will give you access to my drop box with all the resources fully arranged.
    Graham

4. Hello erhgiez, It is I again? You could be someone I need to work with in the future. Quite simply, as you might have gathered from previous posts, I have just last week resigned as Head of Science at ..............lets just say a very challenging secondary school in London...but I resigned mainly due to the 3 hours drivign i was doing to and from work..I have done that for the last 5 years but I also have a keen desire to work in the primary sector..if not Indpendent or a PRU.....this interview I have on Monday has just come out of the blue and it is at a Middle schhol...I have never taught KS2 but the position was for a maternity cover with the possibility to lead..I have made it known that I have never done KS2 but the position would be absolutely ideal for me to start getting a grasp in It...
    I would be grateful if we could remain friends perhaps by email as I think you would be a very useful contact.
    So tell me briefly if you can, what is the KS2 science scheme generally now in terms of topics and progression?
    My email is sciencehod@hotmail.co.uk
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Sciencebloke

5. I inherited year 5 and year 6 last year plus sets of New Star Science textbooks (from Ginn) which are available on Amazon.
    I also found a website called 'http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/science' which has loads of schemes and lesson plans on it.