1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key stage 2/3 Religious Education

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by kwoolrich, Sep 14, 2011.

1. I am starting this course in September and I am starting to get worried about whether I am making the right decision. I did R.E at A level and really enjoyed it but I knew that I wanted to teach in a primary school. I saw this course and thought it was perfect because I get to study Religious Education at degree level and I will also be qualified to teach in primary and secondary schools. I am now quite worried that I won't get a job because schools would prefer to employ someone with a full primary or secondary degree. HELP please?

2. I am starting this course in September and I am starting to get worried about whether I am making the right decision. I did R.E at A level and really enjoyed it but I knew that I wanted to teach in a primary school. I saw this course and thought it was perfect because I get to study Religious Education at degree level and I will also be qualified to teach in primary and secondary schools. I am now quite worried that I won't get a job because schools would prefer to employ someone with a full primary or secondary degree. HELP please?