1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 1 reading age test.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tedro, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Can anyone recommend a reading age assessment that would be suitable for year 1/2 children, to give a rough idea of their reading age. Many thanks.

2. Can anyone recommend a reading age assessment that would be suitable for year 1/2 children, to give a rough idea of their reading age. Many thanks.

3. We all as a school last year did the salford reading test in year 1 and year 2. Hard for the kids but it was a whole school thing.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

We use the Salford test too

5. Can anyone help? I'm looking for something which will help us to give each child a national curriculum level.

6. We use 'benchmark' which seems quite accurate if administered properly!

7. just thinking about levelling my yr 1s and have been given nfer nelson reading now book, comes with a pupil booklet that they work through. looks ok, although could be disheartening for LA chn.

8. Hi, we use PM Benchmarking, which gives an accurate reading age and shows progression if repeated several times a year.

9. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

As a school we use Holborn (tho I don't really like it for KS1) but have just started to use the Ruth Miskin materials for KS1 which although don't give an actual age, I think are much more accurate and gives a National curriculum level.

10. hey,
    how do you relate the salford reading test to the national curriculum levels? how do you know for instense if a child is a 1C...???

11. for instance... sorry...