1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key Stage 1 Leadership

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by louisefilby226, Jan 16, 2018.

1. louisefilby226

louisefilby226 New commenter

Hi all,

I’m not sure if I am posting in the right place, however, I am hoping someone might be able to help. Are there any KS1 leaders here? I am just wondering if you keep a folder to support this role- data, info, examples of plans and meetings etc? If you keep a file- what do you keep in it? Any help would be appreciated- new to this role, and although I have started to gather what I need- not sure what is expected or what others do. Thanks in advance!

2. arianasarah866

arianasarah866 New commenter

I lead upper KS2 currently but I’d probably keep the same things in my file for ks1:

-staff overview for the school
    -sections for each class (key info, PP, SEN, pupil progress, data targets etc)
    -section for appraisals and teacher on a page etc etc which includes monitoring logs
    -copy of my electronic leadership log which I update with all my leadership activities as a running record.
    -minutes of slt etc
    -SEF and School improvement plan
    -phase action plan for the academic year.

louisefilby226 likes this.
  3. carriecat10

carriecat10 Occasional commenter Community helper

Whatever you choose to keep in your file should help you in your role to lead and monitor your phase.

Ultimately this file to for you, but what other people (head, Ofsted etc) would be interested in is evidence of impact of your leadership.