1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key portfolio

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by flower16, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Hi all i have recently joined teaching personnel for some supply work, i was told to sign up for key portfolio pay system, however i was not told about the fee that this service charges. I just wanted to know is there anyone using this serivce, if yes is it worth it?

2. Hi all i have recently joined teaching personnel for some supply work, i was told to sign up for key portfolio pay system, however i was not told about the fee that this service charges. I just wanted to know is there anyone using this serivce, if yes is it worth it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Search this forum. You will find lots of advice about it.

4. There are quote a few threads on this and other umbrella agencies. I was advised by key portfolio not to sign with them until I was regularly getting at least 2 days supply otherwise their fees would take too much off. They get you to claim mileage and meals plus other expenses which apparently can lead to dodgy territory. So far I haven't bothered.

5. My understanding is that these accountancy service people only do what you can do yourself via an annual tax return. The tax office are awfully helpful (when you get through).

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I've used Key Portfolio for 4 years now. It is simple and has saved me hundreds of pounds, if not thousands and it is all legal. Just follow the rules.

7. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

How much do they charge for their service? One of my new agencies sent me a letter saying I HAD to join as they would be the sole provider of pay come Sept. I've only just joined them so only done 1 day so far with them. If I only do a day a week with them how much does it cost?

8. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

I am going to be doing a year long maternity cover with one supply agency. Would I be better off with Key, or getting paid PAYE with the agency?

9. teacha

teacha Occasional commenter

To answer my own question, I rang Key; they went through all the figures, and worked out that I would be about £36.12 per week better off with them than if I went back to PAYE with my agency. So how can that be bad?