1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Key issues affecting primary education....

Discussion in 'Primary' started by aspirationalteacher, Jan 6, 2011.

1. I have a PGCE interview next month and will have a group interview on the above topic. Does anyone have any ideas about forums/websites etc that may help...or indeed any idea of what the key issues are? Thanks.

2. WB

WB New commenter

The best advice I could give is to buy and read the TES newspaper every week until your interview.

3. I too have an interview coming up and wanted to ask what the current challenges facing primary education today are.

Many thanks

4. A little tip. You are trying to enter an extremely competitive profession with training places being reduced and nowhere near enough jobs for the number of people qualified.
    If you can't even use your own common sense/initiative at this stage then you really need to have a rethink.
    Start reading the education news in the media. Start reading TES. Subscribe to the BBC etc Education News emails.

5. A little tip. You are trying to enter a profession where places for training are being reduced, competition is fierce (because everyone assumes teaching is secure and easy) and getting a job can be exremely difficult.
    Use some intiative and some common sense or you will fall at the first hurdle. Read the education press, subscribe to the BBC etc Education news emails. Buy the Tes magazine!

6. ARGH bloody tes gremlins! Posted, got the oops, message didn't appear so I rewrote it [​IMG]