1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kew Gardens

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tinyears, May 8, 2011.

1. I am wondering who has taken their class to Kew Gardens and the kind of activities they did there. There are some good organised workshops, but what activities did you organise and lead. Did you just let the children explore the site and make record their observations? I have looked on the website but it doesn't seem to provide many ideas. Hope someone can help. My class are Year 3.

2. I took my year 2's a few years back now - they didn't have a great deal of choice of activites to do, however, it may have changed!!
    I took mine around and let them explore with sketch pads and things. It was ok, have done better trips...

3. Thank you for your reply, It's such a big site it's hard to know where the best places are to go,
    Any other ideas gratefully received.

4. We took Year 3 to Kew. Did the treetop walkway, badger sett and a talk on seeds and pollination in one of the glasshouses. We had great weather but it would be a miserable trip in the rain!