1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Keto

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by sebedina, Aug 28, 2018.

1. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

I am really over weight and the anxiety of it all makes me reach for sugar and white flour products !!! I am no longer a spring chicken and see my weight going up and up and my appetite continue to be controlling me not the other way around. The whole thing creates anxiety which means I eat more. It is a vicious cycle.

I am on holiday at the moment and my meal options are very limited as originally we stayed in a luxury resort where the breakfast buffet was heaving with pastries, breads, cakes as well as some hot meal options (chicken nuggets, spinach pastries) as well as boiled eggs, fruit and cereals. Inevitably I would eat the pastry or a couple of slices of sponge cake with my boiled egg and fruit. This would in turn start the massive hunger which would mean a pizza at 4 pm followed by dinner at 8pm of a full meal and dessert. A comfortable 3,000 calories a day easily.

I have decided to start Keto (low carb high fat eating) on my return from my holidays. I want to inspire myself to take control of my life and stop the anxiety and cravings cycle. I wanted to start in September and have a target of a 2.5 weight loss by Christmas which I worked out is realistic.

Is anyone else struggling with their weight and wanting to do something exciting and different?? I need support and would like to "buddy up" with others.