1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kerboodle

Discussion in 'Science' started by KatyJo, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Is anyone using Kerboodle from Nelson Thornes for the AQA Specifications? I was wondering how you use it and whether you think it is worth purchasing?
    Thanks

2. Is anyone using Kerboodle from Nelson Thornes for the AQA Specifications? I was wondering how you use it and whether you think it is worth purchasing?
    Thanks

3. spolem1

spolem1 New commenter

We use it for AS and A2 biology. I find it useful as it relates to the textbook - for example I can make the answers to end of topic questions from the book available to the students.
    There are some good practicals on there for biology, and it's also good for HSW activities and extension activities.
    Negatives - it's a bit awkward to use, my HOD has had trouble setting up students on the system. I don't find it very easy to assign resources etc. but that could just be me. We found mistakes in some of the interactive activities, although these may now have been fixed.

4. alfredrussell

alfredrussell New commenter

We do for AS & A2 Biology. Extension exercises, quizes, animations and exam style answers are all very useful. I agree with the pupils setup. It is a bit awkward.

5. we use for 12 and 13 and have bought into the new lot for 9-11
    My main issue is that unless you assign tasks/ resources kids cannot simply log on and get on with stuff.
    So I assign worksheets/tests/activities to the various groups but it is hard to keep track of what I have assigned.
    The main justification was to get the 'online textbook' (Nelson Thornes, AQA approved) for the new KS4 as part of the Kerboodle package. The kids can access that straight away.
    creating memorable logins has been a problem, but this year we have used their school computer login as their kerboodle login and this really helped.