1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kenya

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littleLilly, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Has anyone got any ideas for a creative topic on Kenya please. I would really appreciate any ideas/resources that you would be willing to share.

Many thanks

ps-year 1

2. Has anyone got any ideas for a creative topic on Kenya please. I would really appreciate any ideas/resources that you would be willing to share.

Many thanks

ps-year 1

3. teacherman2

teacherman2 New commenter

Cadging on to your thread lilly... anyone got anything for Kenya Y5/6? :)

4. These aren't really very specific ideas, but one of the most fascinating things about Kenya is the animals, they really are incredible. http://www.bbc.co.uk/bigcat/ is a good resource for studying big cats, for example.

The Masaai (http://www.masaikenya.org/) inhabit Kenya and could be very interesting to look at - you could do some excellent art (e.g. painting, making clothes, jewellery etc) from studying these people.
    Perhaps you could get the children to create a travel brochure about Kenya to link it in with literacy. You could also research Kenyan food and make it in the classroom and at the end of the unit you could organise an event to fundraise for poor children in Kenya (doing some work with the children on this could be interesting - how are their lives very different to ours etc). You could also 'visit' Kenya on Google Earth, study the weather in Kenya etc. Hope these help!

5. Thanks for your ideas they are fab.

6. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

7. Wow, just looked on this site....amazing stuff! going to print an absolute ton of this. I'm doing Kenya this term with my Year 6 class and haven't found anything anywhere near this good during hours of searching!!!!Thankyou for the heads up
    Rachel