1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Kent CC - GTP Interviews - Presentation help

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Ents8, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Hiya,
    Firstly, I apologise if i'm repeating posts with this, but i have scoured the forums and havent been able to find anything that is quite what I'm looking for..
    I am due to be interviewed for a KCC GTP placement in April and I have the usual and expected presentation to prepare. It is to be 5 - 8mins long and should cover the topic of "Challenges facing a secondary school teacher in your subject in the 21st century".
    I am applying to teach Media & English, and the school chose me as their candidate specifically for my media background, so I have considered looking at technology and its realtionship with language and literacy.
    However, thinking of things to include in the presentation isn't really the problem I am having, it is more the time limit and how i should structure it. As we all know 5 mins is no time at all and obviously they will not want me to talk at them for those 5 minutes to see how much i can tell them!
    So having considered all the usual pitfalls, I thought I would seek the advice of the gurus in the hope that someone could shed a little light on the best ways to structure short presentations. It's not something i've ever had to do and i'm just looking for a little guidance.
    Thanks in advance!